EUREKA Helps Counselors/Educators...
- Deliver career development services more efficiently.
- Integrate career development in the classroom with curriculum and activities.
- Document student progress and generate reports.
- Provide electronic counseling services to students.
- Save time. EUREKA is easy to navigate without assistance.
EUREKA Helps Students...
- Identify careers they'd enjoy.
- See relationships between careers and academic subjects.
- Explore occupations and plan their career.
- Identify their skills.
- Decide on a field of study or major.
- Find the training they need and research financial aid.
- Develop job search strategies, including resumes.
Step 1: Who Am I?
- How Do I Learn: Find dominant learning style(s) to help develop study techniques that fit those style(s).
- What Are My Values?: Topical questions help clarify values and the role they play in life.
- Inner Heroes: An easy to use and insightful personality-based self-assessment. Users discover their four hero personality profile which link to careers and education themes.
- MicroSkills: Discover functional transferable skills to enhance self confidence and find careers to match. Students identify their transferable skills and talents and how they relate to the world of work.
- Occ-U-Sort: Reality check where expectations meet the realities of labor market requirements for jobs and careers.
- True Colors: A quick but powerful self-assessment revealing one's dominant True Colors and compatible careers. More about True Colors >>
Step 2: Where Am I Going?
- Occupations: Over 2500 titles with clearly written and detailed descriptions. Including videos, wages, Holland Codes and True Colors.
- Brief Occupations in English & Spanish: Short, one-page descriptions of occupations.
- Job Search: A detailed overview of the job search process including creating resumes.
Step 3: How Do I Get There?
- Programs of Study: Detailed descriptions of college majors and post-secondary training programs with schools that offer them. Includes links to related occupations and programs.
- Education & Training Themes: Majors and training programs grouped by themes with True Color, Inner Hero and CE/CTE information.
- Colleges and Universities & Short-term Training: Over 2500 U.S. and International colleges and universities as well as short-term training opportunities.
- School Filters: Find training options that meet specific criteria from degree type to majors offered to school setting to personal characteristics.
- Financial Aid Guide: Tips for finding grants, loans and all types of financial aid.
- Funding Finder (Optional): Reputable source for spam-free personalized list of scholarships and awards. More information
Our partner, Career Builder, helps our users find current job openings:
EUREKA is Affordable
We work with you to find the service level that fits your needs and budget.Request a demo!
ArticlesFostering Empathy in the Classroom - A Message from EUREKA's Director
EUREKA.org vs EUREKA Express Features
A Career Counselor's Thoughts about MicroSkills IV
I am an instructional counseling instructor and use EUREKA as an educational supplement. At first I would direct students to True Colors, but now I have them complete the entire self-assessment (discovery) section.— a California College Counselor